Slack API library
Access your Slack Team's API through PHP objects.
- Getting started - Before you use this library, you need to generate a token or setup oAuth.
- Installation - Information on installing this library through composer or as a git submodule.
- Usage - A few simple examples on how to access the Slack API using this library
API methods - Detailed information on each of Slack's API methods and how to access them using this library's
Events - Examples for listening to events fired by the
- Access all of Slack's API methods with dedicated payload classes (see usage documentation)
- Payloads and responses follow the same definitions as described in the official documentation (with a few exceptions where I think it would make a better distinction).
- Data between you and Slack is serialized using the JMS Serializer package, allowing fully spec-ed PHP objects to be used for working with the API.
- Code has been highly abstracted to support re-use in more specific implementations (see SlackBundle)
I've done my best to include links to the official documentation in the code where appropriate.
Still, you should really check out the API documentation of Slack yourself to get a better understanding of exactly what each API method does and what data it will return.
If you feel there is some part of this package that you would like to see documented in more detail, please don't hesitate to create an issue for it.
Got a good idea for this project? Found a nasty bug that needs fixing? That's great! Before submitting your PR though, make sure it complies with the contributing guide to speed up the merging of your code.
The following methods have not yet been implemented, why not contribute and add some yourself?
* = work/PR has started for this method
- Slack CLI - CLI application for all of the Slack API methods.
- SlackBundle - Symfony Bundle providing integration with this library package.
- The Slack staff, for making an awesome product and very clean API documentation.
Why am I getting a cURL 60 error when attempting to connect to the Slack API?
Under the hood this library uses Guzzle to connect to the Slack API, and Guzzle's default method for sending HTTP requests is cURL.
The full error code is CURLE_SSL_CACERT: Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates and may be due, especially on Windows or OS X, to Guzzle not being able to find an up to date CA certificate bundle on the operating system.
To fix this you first create the Guzzle client manually using an alternative CA cert bundle, or disabling peer verification (not recommended for security reasons), and pass it to the API Client.
$client = new \GuzzleHttp\Client(); $client->setDefaultOption('verify', 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\bin\curl-ca-bundle.crt'); // continue as normal, using the client above $apiClient = new ApiClient('api-token-here', $client);
If you get a different error code you can look at the list of cURL error codes, or consult the Guzzle documentation directly.